White Plains Hospital is pleased to offer the services of our board certified thoracic surgeons to the White Plains community. Thoracic surgeons are surgeons with specialized training in the treatment of both surgical and non-surgical conditions of the organs and structures within the chest and chest wall. Because of the focused nature of their training, they bring unique skills to our team of specialists at White Plains Hospital, and they work closely with our pulmonary and cardiology physicians, nurses, respiratory and physical therapists, and medical and radiation oncologists to create the most appropriate treatment plan for each individual patient.
What services does Westchester Thoracic offer?
Our exceptional surgeons provide expert care in:
- Diaphragmatic pacemakers – spinal cord injury, muscular dystrophy
- Esophageal, lung and thymic cancers
- Esophagectomy (removal part or all of the esophagus)
- Mediastinal tumor resection
- Pulmonary lobectomy (removal of lung lobe)
- Thymectomy (thymus gland removal)
- Surgery of the trachea