Ruth Barrow, MD, FACOG
Dr. Ruth Barrow is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology. She earned her medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed her internship and residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Barrow is also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Barrow specializes in obstetrics and gynecology, including pre-pregnancy counseling, routine pregnancy care and high-risk pregnancy care (collaborating with maternal fetal specialists), women’s health for teens and adults, heavy and irregular menstrual cycles and menstrual disorders, abnormal Pap smears, amenorrhea, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and sexually transmitted infections.
Additionally, she is a former Assistant Clinical Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and OBGYN Medical Director at Washington Heights Family Health Center. Dr. Barrow served as a research investigator for the Department of OBGYN at Columbia University Medical Center and was a physician volunteer with the International Organization for Women and Development’s Fistula repair program at Kibagabaga Hospital in Rwanda.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Recent Patient Comments
Education & Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency and Internship, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- White Plains Hospital