Jk Rasamny, MD
Dr. Rasamny completed medical school at the University of Virginia and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He completed his residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Virginia, where he was the recipient of the prestigious Mulholland Society teaching award for his work with medical students. Then, Dr. Rasamny received a fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology at the University of Pennsylvania where he also served one year as a clinical instructor on staff in the Head and Neck Oncology division.
He completed his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania under the tutelage of Dr. Gregory Weinstein and Dr. Bert O’Malley Jr. who are among the earliest innovators of Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS). As such, he has specific interest and experience in the application of TORS for the minimally invasive treatment of tumors of the tongue base, tonsil, pharynx, and parapharyngeal space.
Dr. Rasamny’s practice focuses on the care of pediatric and adult patients with malignant and benign tumors of the head and neck including cancers of the oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx, tumors of the paranasal sinuses, endocrine tumors involving the parathyroid and thyroid glands, tumors of the major and minor salivary glands, and cutaneous malignancies including melanoma of the head and neck. Dr. Rasamny is trained to perform open and endoscopic approaches for treatment of tumors of the skull base and paranasal sinuses as well as complex reconstruction of head and neck defects.
He has presented at the national and local level and has published numerous articles and chapters in the Otolaryngology literature on issues ranging from facial reconstruction to transoral robotic surgery.
- Malignant and benign tumors of the head and neck
- TORS for treatment of tumors of the tongue and throat
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Residency, Otolaryngology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Fellowship, Head and Neck Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- White Plains Hospital
- I'm new to this provider
- I have seen this provider before