Jeffrey Vainshtein, MD
Dr. Vainshtein is a radiation oncologist with the White Plains Hospital Cancer Program.
Dr. Vainshtein leads WPH’s stereotactic radiosurgery program and specializes in the management of head and neck, lung, esophageal, prostate, bladder, pancreaticobiliary, liver, stomach, anorectal, and brain and spine cancers, with experience in the treatment of lymphomas, sarcomas, breast, and gynecological cancers. He has expertise in the use of numerous advanced radiotherapy treatment techniques, including intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), image guided radiation therapy (IGRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), stereotactic ablative radiotherapy/stereotactic body radiotherapy (SABR/SBRT) and 3D-conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT).
Dr. Vainshtein received his MD from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, NY. He completed an internship in General Surgery at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI and residency training in Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he was selected to serve as chief resident. Prior to joining WPH, Dr. Vainshtein was a faculty member in Radiation Oncology at the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA. He is board certified in Radiation Oncology and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology. He is an active member of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), New York Head and Neck Society, and Westchester County Medical Society, where he serves as co-chair of the Young Physicians Committee.
Collectively, Dr. Vainshtein has authored or co-authored over 50 peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, and textbook chapters on the management of head and neck, gastrointestinal, lung, and genitourinary cancers, and has lectured nationally on the use of advanced radiotherapy technologies for cancer treatment.
- Head and neck cancer
- Thoracic cancers
- GI cancers
- GU cancers
- Breast cancer
- Central nervous system cancers
- Gynecologic cancers (ovarian, cervical, uterine)
- External beam radiation therapy
- Radiation therapy related imaging
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
In The News
Education & Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Internship - General Surgery, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency - Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Radiation Oncology
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- New York Head and Neck Society
- Westchester County Medical Society
- White Plains Hospital