Athena Kaporis, MD
Athena Kaporis, M.D. is a board-certified dermatologist. She completed her undergraduate studies and graduated magna cum laude from Barnard College where she was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. She received her medical degree and pursued a medical internship at New York University School of Medicine and completed her Dermatology Residency at the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Downstate Medical Center. She has conducted research in immunology and has published several articles in peer-reviewed medical journals regarding dermatologic pathology.
She has been in private practice for many years specializing in both medical and cosmetic dermatology, including laser surgery. Dr. Kaporis is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery and the Women’s Dermatology Society. Dr. Kaporis is fluent in Greek and Spanish.
Awards & Honors:
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors-Dermatology-2018 & 2019
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- New York University School of Medicine
- Residency in Internal Medicine New York University Medical Center
- Residency in Dermatology SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Downstate Medical Center
- White Plains Hospital