WPHPA Radiation Oncology
The White Plains Hospital Center for Cancer Care Department of Radiation Oncology combines state-of-the-art therapy in a caring community environment-it’s the best in cancer treatment available in the 21st Century. The Center offers the most advanced tools and technology in the fight against cancer available anywhere. The Radiation Oncology staff brings expertise from the finest teaching hospitals in the United States to give our patients the very best in care.
The Radiation Oncology Department’s leading edge technology include the Varian® EDGE™ and TrueBeam linear accelerators, which allow our radiation oncologists to offer patients the full array of advanced radiotherapy treatment options, including:
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), also known as Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- 3D conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT)
- Breath-hold and breathing-phase gated radiotherapy delivery using Varian’s Optical Surface Monitoring (OSMS), Calypso, and Real-Time Position Management (RPM) systems
- Electron beam therapy
Within the Department of Radiation Oncology, the Center for Radiosurgery offers multi-disciplinary collaboration between radiation oncologists and surgical specialists. Patients have access to the most sophisticated radiosurgical treatment options for tumors of the brain, spine, lungs, liver, pancreas, prostate and head and neck utilizing the Varian EDGE® radiosurgery system.
Learn more about the Department of Radiation Oncology at White Plains Hospital