The Medical Records Department, also known as the Health Information Management (HIM) Department, keeps documentation of each patient’s medical care during hospitalization. The medical record includes test results, medications, treatments or therapies, x-rays, and reports.
You can obtain your records in multiple ways:
- By visiting the HIM Department at the hospital, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Electronic Request for Records
White Plains Hospital now offers an Online Patient Record Request tool for the following individuals to request patient records:
- Patients requesting their own records
- Parents of minor patients requesting records
- Caregivers acting on behalf of a patient (i.e. Power of Attorney)
The Online tool verifies your identity by asking for a photo of your driver’s license, which can be taken via webcam or smartphone. There is no additional charge to use this service.
Please note, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the recommended browsers for this application. If you encounter any issues with your electronic request, please call 914-681-1105
All requests have 30 days to be fulfilled but strive to be processed within 10 business days.