Seth E. Lerner, MD
Dr. Lerner received his Medical Degree with honors (cum laude) from the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, New York. He was elected as a member to the Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Lerner completed his Internship in Surgery and Residency in Urology at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York. During his Residency in Urology, he served as Chief Resident and was given the Louis M. Davidoff Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Medical Students.
He completed a Fellowship in Urologic Oncology from the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, and is Board Certified in Urology.
As Director of the WPH Prostate Program at the Center for Cancer Care, Dr. Lerner has performed more radical prostatectomies utilizing minimally invasive robotic techniques than any other surgeon in Westchester and surrounding areas. In addition, he specializes in minimally invasive surgery for cancers of the kidney, testis, bladder, as well as benign and malignant adrenal tumors.
He has authored or co-authored numerous clinical publications, abstracts, book chapters, monographs, presentations and multi-media projects around a scope of urologic issues, including PSA tests for prostate cancer detection, erective dysfunction after prostate surgery, and the use of laparoscopic, minimally invasive surgical techniques. He is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, and the Medical Society of the County of Westchester.
Awards & Honors:
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors-Urology-2019
Recent Patient Comments
Education & Training
- State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn (Cum Laude)
- Internship in Surgery, and Residency in Urology, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx NY
- Fellowship, Urologic Oncology, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- American Urological Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- New York Section American Urological Association
- Medical Society of the County of Westchester
- Mayo Foundation Alumni Association
- Alumni Association Montefiore Medical Center
- White Plains Hospital