Patient Satisfaction Surveys and Ratings
White Plains Hospital Physician Associates understands the importance of finding a health care provider that best fits your needs. We are committed to providing you transparent information to make informed decisions. One important way we are doing this is by publishing star ratings and patient comments on our provider profiles.
About the survey
We partner with Press Ganey, an independent leading provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for health care organizations across the continuum of care. With 30 years of experience, Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions.
Who receives the survey?
Only patients who are treated by a White Plains Hospital Physician are invited to complete the survey. Patients receive a survey within 24 hours of Press Ganey’s receipt of the patient’s physician visit. This feedback is used to improve every dimension of the patient experience. Partnering with Press Ganey helps understand patient needs and support the goal of providing each patient with an exceptional experience of care. Surveys are distributed two ways:
- By mail to a random sampling of patients
- By email to every patient who gives an email address
How is the Star Rating created?
The Star Ratings are based on patient responses to four survey provider questions.
- Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
- Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or concern
- Care provider’s discussion of any proposed treatment (options, risks, benefits, etc.)
- Likelihood of recommending this care provider to others
All responses are averaged together and converted to a 5-point star rating system, which is applied consistently to all providers.
Are all comments posted?
We are committed to full transparency and will post both positive and negative comments from the survey. We maintain a rigorous process to review and remove comments that could be libelous, slanderous, or defamatory, are unrelated to the provider or violate patient privacy in accordance with HIPPA.
Why don’t all providers have star ratings?
To ensure the data is statistically valid, we only post star ratings for providers who have 30 or more survey responses during a rolling 12-month period.
The Press Ganey Seal of Integrity – A Commitment to Objective Data Standards
When the Press Ganey Seal of Integrity accompanies the physician star rating and comments, you can be sure that the information is valid and objective. The measures have been tested in national validation studies to ensure reliability, predictive validity and construct validity. By displaying the Seal of Integrity an organization proudly acknowledges that the data meet scientifically-rigorous standards, and the organization is certified to meet the following requirements:
- 100% validation of patient responses. Responses are from the patients who saw the referenced physician.
- Compliance with the Press Ganey Star Rating methodology (zero to five stars).
- Assurance of 30 or more survey returns per provider.
- Complete posting of positive and negative feedback with the exception of comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane or those that risk patient privacy.