Scott Haig, MD
Dr. Scott Haig is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulder and hand surgery, sports medicine, and joint replacement.Dr. Haig earned his medical degree from the Yale University School of Medicine, graduating with honors. He completed surgical residencies at Harvard and Columbia University, as well as a post-graduate fellowship in in adult reconstructive surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He taught at Columbia as Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery for over 20 years, and has practiced in the area since 1989.
His field of special concentration is shoulder surgery; he is the author of Shoulder Pathophysiology, a well-known textbook on shoulder orthopedics. He has also written an atlas, Orthopedic Emergencies, as well as many medical articles for Time magazine.
Dr. Haig has practiced orthopedic surgery for over 30 years in the Westchester and Fairfield county area.
Education & Training
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Orthopedic surgery-NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University
- General surgery-Harvard University, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Christian Medical-Dental Society
- White Plains Hospital