Richard Strongwater, MD
Dr. Richard Strongwater is a board-certified Family Medicine physician at White Plains Hospital Physician Associates of Pleasantville. He has been providing exceptional medical care for over 30 years, most recently at New York-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley – Pleasantville.
Having earned his medical degree from the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, Dr. Strongwater completed his residency in Family Medicine at Overlook Hospital in Summit, N.J.
He is certified by the American Board of Family Practice and the International Society of Travel Medicine.
Among his honors, Dr. Strongwater has been named a Best Doctor by Castle Connolly and has been included multiple times in New York magazine’s “Best Doctors in New York” and Westchester magazine’s “Top Doctors.” He also received a “Distinguished Doctor” designation from The Expert Network, an invitation-only reputation management service.
Dr. Strongwater is also the founder and managing editor of FibonacciMD, an internet-based provider of medical information for all clinicians with a focus on primary care physicians.
Education & Training
- SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse
- Residency, Family Medicine, Overlook Hospital
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- International Society of Travel Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Medicine, New York Medical College
- Family Medicine
- White Plains Hospital