Mazen Fouany, MD, FACOG
Dr. Fouany is a board-certified OB/GYN who brings administrative, leadership, research and academic experience to the practice. After completing his undergraduate studies with Honors from Lebanese American University in Beirut, Lebanon, Dr. Fouany received his Medical Degree with Distinction from the University of Balamand School of Medicine in Beirut.
He completed an Internship in General Surgery from St. George’s University Hospital in Beirut. After relocating to the US, he went on to complete an Internship and Residency in OB/GYN at George Washington University Medical Center in Washington DC.
Dr. Fouany is the former Medical Director OB/GYN of the Pennsylvania-based UPMC Cole health system, where his practice cared for 4,000 patients annually. He also served in administrative positions overseeing virtual service lines for OB/GYN and pediatrics, and quality of care and the establishment of quality standards for the hospital. While at UPMC Cole, Dr. Fouany was a two-time recipient of both the Excellence Award and Honor Your Caregiver Award. He also served as an Assistant Professor of OB/GYN at Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.
He is the author of numerous published research papers and presentations on high-risk pregnancies. Specific areas of clinical focus include preeclampsia, infertility, assisted reproductive medicine and technology, ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome, and uterine fibroids.
- High-Risk Pregnancy
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Recent Patient Comments
Education & Training
- University of Balamand School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon (with Distinction)
- Residency and Internship, OB/GYN, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- White Plains Hospital