Gary Gabelman, MD
Dr. Gary Gabelman is Director of Cardiology Group Services at White Plains Hospital. Board-certified in cardiovascular disease, adult transthoracic plus stress echocardiography, and internal medicine, Dr. Gabelman’s specialties include general and preventative cardiology, non-invasive cardiology, echocardiography, and nuclear cardiology.
Prior to joining White Plains Hospital Physician Associates, Dr. Gabelman was a cardiologist at Westchester Cardiology Associates, which later became NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester.
Dr. Gabelman received his medical degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, with his postgraduate work including an internship and residency at Montefiore Medical Center, where he also served as Chief Medical Resident and Fellow in Cardiovascular Diseases.
Among his honors, Dr. Gabelman has been a named a Top Doctor by Castle Connolly annually since 1993 and was also named a Top Doctor multiple times by New York magazine and Westchester Magazine. He is a recipient of the Jacob Halperin Award for Excellence in Patient Care and Teaching in Cardiology and he has served as principal investigator or co-investigator for over 30 clinical trials. Dr. Gabelman’s work has appeared in such peer-reviewed publications as The Journal of the American College of Cardiology, The American Journal of Cardiology, and Postgraduate Medicine.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Jacob Halperin Award for Excellence in Patient Care & Teaching in Cardiology
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residency and Internship, Montefiore Medical Center
- Chief Medical Resident, Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases, Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Member, American Society of Echocardiographers
- White Plains Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons