Seth Gendler, MD
Dr. Gendler has been practicing gastroenterology in the Westchester area since joining the staff of White Plains Hospital in 1988. He received his medical degree from Rush Medical College in Chicago and completed his Internal Medicine residency and fellowship training in gastroenterology at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in New York. Immediately after fellowship, Dr. Gendler joined the staff of White Plains Hospital. To further his education, he spent a year as a visiting physician at Erasme Hospital, Universite de Brussels where he learned advanced techniques in lithotripsy for the management of gallstones and diagnostic and therapeutic biliary endoscopy (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticoscopy).
Dr. Gendler brought these new skills to his clinical and academic practice in Westchester, as an Attending Physician and Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology at another local institution. He has been a leader in gastroenterology locally, serving as a clinical instructor, teaching coordinator, and director of Grand Rounds in gastroenterology, as well as Director of the fellowship program in Gastroenterology formerly at Sound Shore Hospital. He currently contributes to the education of housestaff and medical students in his role as a lecturer for Physical Diagnosis and Gastroenterology courses offered at New York Medical, as well as serving as a clinical preceptor for medical students.
Awards & Honors:
- 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Castle Connolly “Top Doctor – NY Metro Area”
- 2005 – 2008, 2016: Westchester Magazine “Top Doctors in Westchester”
- 1986: William Schraft MD Annual Teaching Award, Clinical Instructor of the Year
Make an Appointment
Registration Forms – To facilitate the registration process, please complete these forms prior to your appointment and bring them with you at the time of your visit.
To make an appointment with Dr. Gendler, please call 914-235-0918.
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- Rush Medical College
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology - St. Luke's Roosevelt, New York
- Residency, Internal Medicine - St. Luke's Roosevelt, New York
- American Board of Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterology Association
- White Plains Hospital