Rick Weinstein, MD, MBA
Dr. Rick Weinstein is an orthopedic surgeon at White Plains Hospital Physician Associates. He joins us with extensive experience in sports medicine and subspecialty training in knee and shoulder surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and arthroscopy.
Dr. Weinstein received his medical degree from NYU School of Medicine and completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed his Sports Medicine Fellowship at the University of Connecticut and Yale University. He also participated in specialty training at the Hospital for Special Surgery and the Hospital for Joint Diseases at NYU.
He is a Board Examiner for the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, determining certification for other orthopedic surgeons. He serves as the Medical Director of the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and has been working as a ringside physician for 18 years including boxing matches at Madison Square Garden, Barclay’s Center and Foxwoods Casino. He is also working cage-side for mixed martial arts events in New York.
Dr. Weinstein has spoken on sports medicine around the globe, most recently in Beijing, China and Berlin, Germany.
Awards & Honors
- New York Magazine/Westchester Magazine “Top Doctors” in New York – 1998, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors Metropolitan NY – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- American Association Professional Ringside Physicians “Fight Doctor of the Year” – 2007
- New York Times “Fight Doctor” – 2004
- Rocky Marciano Sports Physician of the Year – 2003
- Chairman Emeritus of Department of Orthopedic Surgery Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Consulting Physician for NBC’s “The Contender” television show
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- New York University School of Medicine
- Internship - North Shore University Hospital- Manhasset, NY
- Residency - Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Bronx, NY
- Fellowship - University of Connecticut, Yale University - Farmington, CT and New Haven, CT
- White Plains Hospital