Karen Green, MD
Dr. Karen Green graduated from New York University School of Medicine in 1988 and received residency training in Internal Medicine at The New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. She completed a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Cornell Medical Center. After completing her training in 1995, she spent eight years on the full-time faculty at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Cornell Medical Center, where she served as Assistant Professor of Medicine and specialized in breast cancer.
She joined White Plains Hospital in 2003 and her practice continues its strong focus on cancers in women, particularly breast cancer and gynecologic malignancies. She also treats patients with a wide range of other types of cancer and benign blood disorders.
Dr. Green has authored scholarly articles in the fields of hematology and oncology. She serves as principal and co-investigator on several clinical oncology trials. At White Plains Hospital, she is a scientific member of the Institutional Review Board and is on the Cancer Committee. She also has been extensively involved in the development of continuing medical education programs for oncologists. She is an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the New York Metropolitan Breast Cancer Group. She is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
Awards & Honors:
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors-Medical Oncology & Hematology-2018 & 2019
- 1988 – New York University Alumnae Club, Outstanding Woman Medical Student
- 1987 – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- 1985 – Joseph Collins Foundation Grant, Medical Student Involvement in the Arts
- 1984 – State University of New York Buffalo, summa cum laude
- 1982 – Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- New York University School of Medicine
- Fellowship - Medical Oncology & Hematology, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- Residency - Internal Medicine, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- New York Metropolitan Breast Group
- White Plains Hospital
- Burke Rehabilitation Hospital