Kaare Weber, MD
A native of Westchester County, Dr. Kaare Weber joined the staff of White Plains Hospital in 2011, providing exceptional expertise in the minimally invasive surgical management of endocrine diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands, something usually found only in large academic medical centers. A major focus is on cancers of the endocrine system.
A member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, he received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed his General Surgical Residency training at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He went on to complete a Fellowship in Advanced Endocrine Surgery in Chicago at Rush University Medical Center. He has published scholarly work on a broad range of general surgical topics in internationally recognized surgical journals and texts, including a chapter in Mastery of Surgery. His most recent publication re-examines the role of surgery in the management of Graves’ Disease (hyperthyroidism).
Awards & Honors:
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors-Endocrine Surgery-2018 & 2019
Dr. Weber is formerly the Associate Director of the General Surgery Residency Training Program and served as an Associate Professor of Endocrine Surgery at The Mount Sinai Medical Center for seven years prior to joining White Plains Hospital. He is currently the Director of Surgery and the Associate Medical Director, Surgical Services at White Plains Hospital.
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Fellowship - Endocrine Surgery, Rush University Medical Center
- Residency - General Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Internship - General Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- General surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- New York Surgical Society
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- White Plains Hospital