Claudiu Diaconu, MD
Dr. Claudiu Diaconu is a board-certified neurologist at White Plains Hospital. A detail-oriented neurologist, he is experienced in treating multiple sclerosis and related autoimmune disorders. Dr. Diaconu’s research experience includes both basic science and clinical studies.
He earned his medical degree with special qualifications in biomedical research from the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. Dr. Diaconu then completed his internship in internal medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital, followed by a residency in neurology at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia University and a fellowship in neuroimmunology at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Diaconu is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Medical Association and the New York State Neurological Society. His work has been published in such outlets as Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, The Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, and the Journal of Clinical & Experimental Neuroimmunology.
In addition to English, Dr. Diaconu speaks Romanian.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Education & Training
- Instructor, neurology, Columbia University Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University
- Internship, internal medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Residency, neurology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia University
- Fellowship, neuroimmunology, Columbia University Medical Center
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- New York State Neurological Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- White Plains Hospital