Ari L. Bunim, MD, AGAF
Dr. Ari Bunim received his Medical Degree from New York University Medical School, and completed his Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He obtained Fellowships in Gastroenterology, and Hepatology and Liver Transplantation at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
He is the former Clinical Director of Hepatology at New York-Presbyterian/Queens, where he also previously served as an Attending Physician. While there, he ran the weekly hepatobiliary clinic, supervising both residents and fellows. Dr. Bunim is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. In 2018, he received the Hepatitis C Clinical Exchange Network Champion Award from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Dr. Bunim was named among the Top 15 Doctors for state-of-the-art medical care by It’s Queens Magazine in 2015.
Dr. Bunim treats a wide range of gastrointestinal and liver disorders including GERD, GI bleeding, abdominal pain, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis, fatty liver, and liver lesions. His research interests include viral hepatology, fatty liver disease, portal hypertension, and hepatocellular carcinoma. He has been involved in clinical trials and presents his research at national meetings.
Board certified in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, Dr. Bunim serves as a member of the American Gastroenterology Association, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the American College of Gastroenterology and the Empire Liver Foundation.
- Liver Transplants
– Upper Endoscopy Colonoscopy
– Capsule Endoscopy
Education & Training
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Residency and Internship, Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Fellow, Gastroenterology, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx NY
- Fellow, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Empire Liver Foundation
- Internal Medicine
- White Plains Hospital