Anisha Kumar, MD
Dr. Anisha R. Kumar is the Director of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at White Plains Hospital.
She completed her undergraduate degree from Harvard University and her medical degree from Stanford University School of Medicine. She then completed her residency in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital and fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Dr. Kumar has an academic background in medical anthropology, and her research interests include social perception of facial plastic surgery and quality of life measures associated with facial deformities. She has written over a dozen articles for peer-reviewed publications and book chapters and given numerous podium presentations at national academy meetings. Her work has been published in such journals as Facial Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine, Facial Plastic Surgery, and the Journal of Laryngology and Otology. She is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Kumar offers the full complement of reconstructive and facial aesthetic procedures, including reconstruction of skin cancer defects, interventions for facial paralysis, gender affirmation surgery, rhinoplasty, face lift, neck lift, brow lift, eyelid surgery, ear reshaping, lip lift, cheek and chin implants, injectables treatments, and skin resurfacing.
- Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Education & Training
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- Residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
- White Plains Hospital