Ami Abraham, DO
White Plains, NY 10605
Harrison, NY 10528
Rye Brook, NY 10573
Dr. Ami Abraham is a board-certified physician specializing in pulmonology and sleep medicine. She received her medical degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and went on to complete an internship at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, working in various fields including medicine, surgery and pediatrics. She went on to do her residency in internal medicine at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Abraham then earned a Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship at same institution, and subsequently achieved her Sleep Medicine Fellowship at Norwalk Hospital, which is affiliated with Yale.
Dr. Abraham is board-certified in internal medicine, sleep medicine, pulmonology and critical care. She sees patients for pulmonary conditions, including asthma, emphysema and COPD, interstitial lung disease, and lung cancer. Dr. Abraham also diagnoses and treats patients for sleep disorders including sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and insomnia.
She been an investigator in clinical trials focusing on sleep apnea, the treatment of septic patients admitted to the ICU, and lung injury, and is the author of several peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
- Former Clinical Assistant Professor at Stony Brook University
- Investigator/researcher on sleep disorders and pulmonary injury and conditions
Education & Training
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Internship, Maimonides Medical Center
- Residency, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Fellowship, Pulmonary/Critical Care, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Fellowship, Sleep Medicine, Norwalk Hospital (Yale School of Medicine)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- White Plains Hospital