Ute Traugott, MD, FAAN
Dr. Ute Traugott is a specialist in Neurology and the management of multiple sclerosis. She received her medical degree with highest honors from the University of Vienna, School of Medicine, Austria. She completed a residency in Neurology and Psychiatry at the University of Vienna.
Dr. Traugott conducted research on the immunology and immunopathology of MS and related diseases at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx. She was awarded Fellow Status to the American Academy of Neurology for her ground breaking MS research providing the first detailed description of the composition of inflammatory cells in active MS lesions. This helped classify MS as an autoimmune disease and has led the way to the introduction of disease modifying agents for this disease. Dr. Traugott has been practicing Neurology and treating Multiple Sclerosis at White Plains Hospital since 2004.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Education & Training
- University of Vienna (Linz, Austria)
- Residency, City Hospital, Linz, Austria
- Residency, Neurology, University of Vienna, Austria
- Fellow of Pathology and Neuropathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
- Neurologist at the first Multiple Sclerosis Research and Training Center at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
- Professor of Pathology (Neuropathology), Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
- Associate Professor of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
- Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York
- Professor of Neurology , New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York
- White Plains Hospital