Ugochi N. Akoma, M.D, F.A.C.O.G
Dr. Ugochi Akoma is a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist and Associate Director of Perinatal Performance Improvement at White Plains Hospital.
Board-certified in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dr. Akoma specializes in prenatal diagnosis, as well as the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies. Dr. Akoma is highly proficient in performing chorionic villous sampling (CVS) and amniocentesis, as well as in the management of complex conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, multifetal pregnancy, cervical insufficiency, preterm birth, and placental abnormalities.
After she earned her medical degree from Brown University School of Medicine, Dr. Akoma completed her residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Montefiore Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
Prior to joining White Plains Hospital Physician Associates, Dr. Akoma was the Director of Quality Improvement in Obstetrics, and Director of the Perinatal Diagnostic Testing Centers & Obstetric Ultrasound, at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Jamaica, N.Y.
Before that, she was Director, Perinatal Diagnostic Centers & Consulting Perinatologist at the University of Maryland’s Capital Region Health Medical Center.
Dr. Akoma’s work has been published in such peer-reviewed journals as the Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, the Journal of Clinical Ultrasound, and Simulation in Healthcare.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Education & Training
- Brown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Member, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- White Plains Hospital