Sean J. Kwon, MD
Sean Kwon, MD is a skilled and highly experienced thoracic surgeon with extensive expertise in minimally invasive video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) and robotic thoracic surgery. He holds board certification from the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the International College of Angiology and the American College of Chest Physicians.
Most recently, Dr. Kwon was at the North Shore-LIJ Health System (now Northwell Health) where he was an attending Thoracic Surgeon since 2010, an Assistant Program Director, and an Assistant Professor at Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine. He received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, and completed his general surgery residency at Tufts/Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA; his residency in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of California Davis Medical Center in Sacramento; and a Thoracic Oncology Surgery Fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City.
Dr. Kwon holds numerous other professional and society memberships, including the American College of Chest Physicians, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and the Korean American Medical Association. He also serves on the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Angiology. He is the lead or co-author on articles in a number of peer-reviewed medical journals and has delivered lectures on research as well as clinical aspects of cardiothoracic surgery. Dr. Kwon is fluent in Korean.
Education & Training
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Fellowship - Thoracic Oncology Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Residency - Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center Sacramento, CA
- Residency - General Surgery, Tufts/Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- Thoracic Surgery
- American College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Member
- Korean American Medical Association, Member
- White Plains Hospital