Sandra Aufiero, NP
Ms. Aufiero is adored by her patients. Her meticulous attention to detail ensures best practice standards, patient safety and high quality care for her patients are met at all times. Ms. Aufiero works within a collaborative model to provide quality care and to improve patient outcomes by strengthening continuity of care in all settings. She serves as the practice’s patient liaison, making daily hospital rounds for the practice, becoming a familiar face to patients and helping ease the transition from the inpatient setting to the outpatient office for ongoing treatment.
She received her undergraduate degree and her Masters of Science in Nursing from the College of New Rochelle. She brings more than twenty years of clinical nursing experience to her position at Oncology-Hematology of White Plains. Prior to joining the practice as an oncology nurse practitioner, Ms. Aufiero spent a decade as a critical care nurse at White Plains Hospital, where she was recognized with numerous honors for nursing excellence including: the Nurse of Distinction and the Quality Patient Care Awards.
Awards & Honors:
- 2001 – Beacon Award, White Plains Hospital
- 2000 – Professional Advancement and Recognition of Excellence, White Plains Hospital
- 2000 – Nurse of Distinction Award, Critical Care Division, White Plains Hospital
- 1997 – Quality Patient Care Award, White Plains Hospital
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing , College of New Rochelle
- Master of Science, Nursing , College of New Rochelle
- New York State Nurse Practitioner certification
- White Plains Hospital