Petros Efthimiou, MD
Dr. Petros Efthimiou is a board-certified rheumatologist and internal medicine physician at WPHPA of Larchmont. He specializes in the treatment of a number of autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, myositis, pulmonary hypertension, and osteoporosis, among others.
Graduating summa cum laude from the University of Ioannina Medical School in Greece, Dr. Efthimiou became a Research Scholar at Northwestern University College of Medicine in Chicago. He then completed his internship in internal medicine at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics followed by his residency in internal medicine at Brown University and fellowship in rheumatology at the Hospital for Special Surgery and NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Efthimiou’s work has been published in a number of peer-reviewed journals and medical textbooks, and he has served as an ad hoc reviewer and editorial board member for various peer-reviewed rheumatology journals. He has also served as a clinical investigator in multiple international, randomized controlled trials.
Before joining WPHPA of Larchmont, Dr. Efthimiou operated New York Rheumatology Care in Manhattan.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Education & Training
- University of Ioannina Medical School, summa cum laude
- Internal medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Internal medicine, Brown University
- Rheumatology, Hospital for Special Surgery and NewYork-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center
- White Plains Hospital