Gregory Pontone, MD, MBA
Dr. Gregory Pontone is a noninvasive cardiologist at White Plains Hospital, where he also serves as the Associate Medical Director of Ambulatory Quality & Physician Services.
Board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology, and Echocardiography, Dr. Pontone has initiated and directed a number of patient safety and quality programs, and is a strong proponent of high value care.
He earned his medical degree from the Tufts University School of Medicine – where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society – and received an MBA in Finance from Hofstra University’s Frank G. Zarb School of Business.
Dr. Pontone served his internship and residency in internal medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell – where he was named Assistant Chief Medical Resident – and his fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at North Shore University Hospital, where he was a Chief Cardiology Fellow.
Dr. Pontone joins White Plains Hospital from New York Presbyterian Medical Group Queens, where he was Director of Outpatient Cardiovascular Services and lead Ambulatory Quality and Patient Safety Officer, as well as serving on various other leadership committees. Dr. Pontone is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and an active member of the Medical Group Management Association and the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Education & Training
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- Internal Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell (Assistant Chief Medical Resident)
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Medicine, North Shore University Hospital (Chief Cardiology Fellow)
- White Plains Hospital