George Pianka, MD
Dr. George Pianka has over 33 years of experience in private practice, specializing in Hand Surgery.
Board-certified in Orthopedic Surgery and with a certificate of added qualifications in Surgery of the Hand, Dr. Pianka has expertise in Orthopedic and Hand Surgery, teaching Orthopedic residents and colleagues throughout his career, as well as managing difficult soft tissue and bone conditions, including specialized minimally invasive techniques, treating professional athletes, musicians and weekend warriors, expediting their recovery.
After his internship and residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital, Dr. Pianka completed a fellowship in Orthopedic Hand Surgery at The Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopedic Institute.
- Former senior attending physician, Phelps Hospital
- Former chief Emeritus, Hand Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Former consultant, Nicholas Institute of Sports and Athletic Trauma
- Former consultant, New York Jets
Dr. Pianka has been featured by Castle Connolly, New York magazine and Westchester Magazine as a “Top Doctor” for many years running.
Education & Training
- University of Connecticut Medical School
- Internship, Orthopedic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Fellowship, Orthopedic Hand Surgery, Hospital for Joint Diseases
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Orthopedic Surgery
- White Plains Hospital