Annie Borofsky, NP
Ms. Borofsky has dedicated her career to the care of oncology patients and has worked with cancer patients for nearly thirty years, both in Westchester and on Long Island. Prior to joining Oncology and Hematology of White Plains, she was an integral part of developing a program for Oncology Nursing Chemotherapeutics certification and was an instructor for nurse practitioner students at Family Health Center in Newburgh, New York.
Ms. Borofsky is responsible for managing the chemotherapy unit at Oncology & Hematology of White Plains, and plays an instrumental role in mentoring and training new chemotherapy nurses. She is part of the team that coordinates patient care in the outpatient setting. Annie has been a strong advocate for patients’ quality of life as well as caregiver and family members’ needs.
Ms. Borofsky received her Nurse Practitioner Master of Science from Columbia University after completed both of her previous nursing degrees from C.W. Post Pace University School of Nursing. She has lectured at Gilda’s Club and runs several cancer support groups for patients on a variety of topics including innovative approaches to comfort and pain management. She has also published scholarly work on pain management in cancer patients in oncology nursing literature. Ms. Borofsky is fluent in Spanish.
Awards & Honors:
- 1995 – American Cancer Society, N.Y.S. Program Achievement Award
- 1994 – Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- 1988 – Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Outstanding Oncology Patient Care Award
- 1973 – Queens College, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Education & Training
- Master of Science, Adult Nurse Practitioner • Columbia University School of Nursing
- Master of Science, Generic Nursing • Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing
- aster of Arts, Nursing • C.W. Post College Pace University, Lienhard School of Nursing
- New York State Nurse Practitioner certification
- Certified Oncology Nurse – Oncology Nursing Society
- White Plains Hospital