Andrew M. Casden, MD: Chief of Orthopedics and Spine Surgery
Dr. Andrew M. Casden is Chief of Orthopedic Surgery and Spine Surgery at White Plains Hospital.
Dr. Casden, a board-certified orthopedic spinal surgeon, is experienced in both traditional and minimally-invasive spinal surgery. His comprehensive approach to spinal conditions considers each patient’s lifestyle and expectations, and focuses on offering the most appropriate, personalized treatment plan for each patient. Dr. Casden explores all treatment options before recommending surgery. His surgical specializations include the treatment of herniated discs, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and degenerative diseases of the spine. He has extensive experience in the field of spinal deformity, including scoliosis and kyphosis in both children and adults.
Dr. Casden received his medical education from the Cornell University Medical College. He completed his surgical internship at New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center. He completed his orthopedic residency at the Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute and a spine fellowship at the Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Casden has been consistently named one of New York Magazine’s Best Doctors, Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors in the New York Area, and a Top Doctor by U.S. News & World Report.
Dr. Casden was previously Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center and School of Medicine and the Associate Director of the Spine Institute at Beth Israel Medical Center.
Dr. Casden is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the North American Spine Society, and the Scoliosis Research Society.
Awards & Honors:
- New York Magazine: NY’s Best Doctors- Orthopedic Surgery- 2018, 2019, 2020
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors-Orthopedics-2018 & 2019
In The News
Education & Training
- Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY
- Surgery Internship - New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY
- Orthopedic Residency - Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, New York, NY
- Spine Fellowship - Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- White Plains Hospital