Abraham Mittelman, MD
Dr. Mittelman earned his medical degree from his medical degree from Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. He completed his internship at Elmhurst Hospital Center, Queens, and his internal medicine residency at State University of NY Health Science Center, Brooklyn. He completed a fellowship in oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in July 1983.
Dr. Mittelman comes to White Plains Hospital with vast clinical, research and academic leadership experience. Most recently, he was an Attending Physician and member of the Cancer Committees at both Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco, and Phelps Memorial Hospital in Tarrytown, as well as an Adjunct Physician at Greenwich Hospital.
In addition, he served as Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at New York Medical College, and as an Associate Attending in Medical Oncology at New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla.
Through numerous teaching hospital appointments and as the lead researcher of hundreds of clinical trials, Dr. Mittelman has collectively authored or co-authored close to 400 peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts and book chapters – the bulk of them focused on new treatment modalities for cancer, including emerging medications and how to stimulate the immune system to attack tumors.
Dr. Mittelman has held a number of leadership positions in medical organizations, including current member of the Board of Directors of the New York Metropolitan Breast Cancer Group, and as a President’s Member of the New York State Society of Hematologists and Oncologists, where he also served as president for two years.
He holds professional memberships in the American Society of Internal Medicine, American Association for Cancer Research, American Society for Clinical Oncology (serving as a member of the Clinical Practice Committee for 16 years) and the American College of Physicians, as well, previously, the American Medical Association.
Dr. Mittelman is the recipient of several professional awards, including an American Cancer Society Fellowship and the American Medical Association Achievement Award.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Education & Training
- Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York
- Residency, State University of NY Health Science Center, Brooklyn
- Internship, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Queens
- Fellowship, Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York
- New York Metropolitan Breast Cancer Group
- New York State Society of Hematologists and Oncologists
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society for Clinical Oncology
- American College of Physicians
- White Plains Hospital