Steven M. Andelman, MD
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Dr. Steven Andelman is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in adult and pediatric sports medicine. He provides comprehensive surgical and non-surgical care for orthopedic conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle. Dr. Andelman focuses on arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgical treatment of conditions such as rotator cuff tears, shoulder dislocations, shoulder arthritis and fractures, hip pain and labral tears, knee injuries (ACL, meniscus), patellar dislocations, sprains, and tendon and ligament tears.
Additionally, Dr. Andelman has specialized expertise in management of complex orthopedic conditions such as hip arthroscopy, cartilage restoration and resurfacing, and revision or “re-do” surgery of the shoulder and knee. He works with each patient to determine their specific needs in order to tailor an individualized treatment plan to get them back to their desired activities.
Dr. Andelman received his Medical Degree from Georgetown University and completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center, serving as Administrative Chief Resident during his final year. He completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Connecticut, where he had the opportunity to learn from leading experts within the field of sports medicine while caring for high school, collegiate, and professional athletes. As part of his fellowship, Dr. Andelman received extensive training in pediatric sports medicine and management of injuries in young athletes.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- BLUE CROSS
- BLUE CROSS PATHWAY EXCHANGE PLANS
- EMBLEM HEALTHCARE SELECT- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
- HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN OF NEW YORK (HIP)
- Humana (Medicare/Medicaid)
- LOCAL 1199
- OSCAR- NYS EXCHANGE PLAN
Before your appointment, please confirm with your insurance company that this provider accepts your insurance.
Recent Patient Comments
In The News
Education & Training
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine, University of Connecticut
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Board Eligible
- White Plains Hospital