Pierre R. Oscar, PA-C
Mr. Oscar comes to the Division of Orthopedic Surgery with more than 10 years of experience as an orthopedic physician assistant. He received his Physician Assistant certification from Cook County Hospital/ Malcolm X College Physician Assistant Program in 1999, where he was salutatorian. Mr. Oscar’s spent the early years of his career as a Physician Assistant providing general orthopedic care in both office and operative settings.
He has spent the last five years specifically focused on the care and management of degenerative joint disease and sport-related orthopedic injuries. At Orthopaedic Specialists, Mr. Oscar is responsible for office patient care, assisting in ambulatory pre-operative assessment, post-operative care, and he also serves the practice as a surgical assistant in the operating room.
Awards & Honors:
- 1998-1999 – National Dean’s List, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- 1983 – United Federation of Teachers, Scholarship recipient
Education & Training
- Cook County Hospital Malcolm X College
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Heart Association – Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- NY State Society of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery
- White Plains Hospital