Caroline L. Stella, MD, FACOG
Dr. Caroline Stella is the Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine for White Plains Hospital. In addition to her administrative leadership, Dr. Stella provides specialty care for women with high-risk pregnancies.
Dr. Stella is double board-certified in general Obstetrics/Gynecology and the subspecialty of Maternal Fetal Medicine by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). She performs prenatal diagnostic procedures (chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis etc.), 3D/4D obstetric ultrasounds, nuchal translucency screening and perinatal consultations.
Dr. Stella has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and has received numerous awards and honors for her research. She is considered an expert in the field of preeclampsia, preterm labor, thrombophilias and proteomic technology and has been invited to speak regionally, nationally and internationally on a variety of maternal fetal medicine issues.
She has been included in Castle Connolly’s “Top Doctors,” Exceptional Women in Medicine, Greenwich Magazine Top Doctors and Fairfield County Top Doctors, and has been recognized with a Patient’s Choice Award, On-Time Doctor Award and Compassionate Doctor Award.
Dr. Stella is an active member of various national ACOG committees, most recently a member of the Committee on Health Economics and Coding. Prior to her present committee assignment, Dr. Stella was appointed by various ACOG presidents to the following committees: Patient Safety and Quality Improvement; Genetics; and Council of Residency Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Stella is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the American Association for Physician Leadership.
Prior to joining White Plains Hospital, Dr. Stella served as the Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, as well as holding other leadership positions, at Greenwich Hospital-Yale New Haven Health/Yale Medicine.
- Prenatal Diagnosis (Chorionic Villus Sampling and Amniocentesis)
- Preterm Labor
- Proteomic Technology
Awards & Honors:
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors-Gastroenterology, 2018 – 2020
- Exceptional Women in Medicine, 2018-2019
- Greenwich Magazine Top Doctors, 2018-2020
- Fairfield County Top Doctors, 2018-2020
- Patients’ Choice Award, 2010-2018
- Compassionate Doctor Award, 2010-2017
Education & Training
- Far Eastern University College of Medicine
- Electives in Fetal Echocardiography, Genetics and Infectious Diseases
- Fellow, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Residency, OB/GYN, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Fellow
- American Association of Physician Leaders
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- White Plains Hospital