Daniel Markowicz, M.D.
Dr. Markowicz earned his medical degree from Ohio State University College of Medicine & Public Health and completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He received his Fellowship training in Adult Reconstruction & Joint Replacement at The Hospital for Special Surgery. He has served as Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at SUNY Downstate and as Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at the New York University Department of Physical Therapy. He has presented his scholarly work on hip replacement surgery at international professional conferences and also lectured for both local and international audiences on a variety of topics in orthopedic surgery. Dr. Markowicz is board-certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Adult joint replacement – hip, knee
- Adult joint replacement revision
- General Orthopedic surgery
Education & Memberships
- Ohio State University College of Medicine & Public Health
- Fellowship - Adult Reconstruction & Joint Replacement, The Hospital for Special Surgery
- Residency - Orthopedic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Awards & Honors
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Richmond County Medical Society
- Brooklyn Orthopedic Society
- 2003: Ferguson Award in Surgery – Ohio State University College of Medicine & Public Health
- 2007: Selznick Memorial Alumni Day Award, 2nd Prize – Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery