Dr. William Suggs has been an accomplished Vascular surgeon since 1991, and a member of the Medical Staff of White Plains Hospital since 2012. He has written numerous scholarly works which have been published in both nationally and internationally recognized surgical journals and books. Dr. Suggs was co-investigator on several major clinical research protocols which examined and refined the vascular surgical approaches for both arterial and venous disorders, and he has lectured and exhibited his work extensively across the United States. His areas of expertise include minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of diseases which cause blocked or narrowed arteries and veins and the treatment of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms (a bulging of the wall of the aorta, the body major artery).
Dr. Suggs graduated from the former Bowman Gray School of Medicine (now the Wake Forest School of Medicine) in Winston-Salem, N.C., served his General Surgical Residency at The George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, D.C., and completed a Fellowship in Vascular Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. During his time at Emory, Dr. Suggs also was Associate of Surgery Research Fellow in Vascular Surgery.
In addition to caring for patients at White Plains Hospital, Dr. Suggs serves as Associate Professor of Surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, instructing surgical residents and medical students. He now practices at Vascular and Thoracic Associates of White Plains.
- Endovascular (minimally invasive) treatment of vascular disease
- Abdominal and thoracic artery aneurysms
- Varicose veins and venous insufficiency
- Complex wound management
Education & Memberships
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine (Wake Forest)
- Fellowship - Vascular Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- Research Fellow - Associate of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
- Residency - General Surgery, The George Washington University Medical Center
- American College of Surgeons
- New York Society for Vascular Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery